Translate

Monday, May 12, 2008

Walk a mile in my shoes…

Everyone knows that walking on hard surfaces (like concrete) is uncomfortable when compared to carpet. What‘s worse is that pounding stone can also be bad for you knees. This leads to a problem with a house that has concrete and wood floors. The floors look great but they are not the most comfortable thing and they may even cause some issue over time. We were thinking about getting rugs for certain rooms not only do rugs add color and warmth to a room they are nicer to walk on. The other option is walking in slipper all the time but I prefer to walk barefoot when possible. I never really understood why.

Post has been updated and most content removed... significant other could not stand the shoes in this post.

5 comments:

Chris said...

On the flooring front, be sure to look into Flor modular carpet tiles. Cheaper than an area rug and very durable. I've used them in corporate high-traffic settings and we have some at home. Also may be interested in the fact that they're one of the "greener" carpet manufacturers and their CEO is very proactive about environmental issues. www.flor.com / www.florisgreen.com

NetNomad said...

You must be picking up some physic vibes or something. Deborah showed me that catalog last week and that is one option we are looking at.

Netkat said...

Those shoes are gross. If you wear them you cannot live in the house with me.

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

This conversation reminds me of the time I was behind a young woman in line who had her hair up in a bun and it looked kinda yucky. (as in greasy). She proudly told her colleagues, also in line waiting to order their Lu-Ann platter, that she read how bad blow drying and styling your hair was so she refrains from doing that. Ever. And "you aren't supposed to wash it that often. It's better for your hair if you don't."

And I thought "what is the goal of this? To look bad your whole life and die with the healthiest hair?"

but I kept silent.

However, if she'd said that on a blog, no doubt I would have commented.

therefore, to you I say:

Fashion and beauty are not always pretty or painless. (Otherwise they would never have invented botox.) But it's important, nonetheless.

And these shoes won't ever be cute.

Pain is better.

Plus people won't laugh at you if you are wearing other shoes or barefoot...with these, you loose all cred.

Just sayin.

As for me, I'm in an office right now barefoot. My shoes remain under my desk at all times unless I have to walk around. I am 100% barefoot at home. I hate shoes. I was born to be an Indian. Still, I wear big ol prissy pumps whenever I go out.

yeah, put on some 6" stripper heels and go dancin' THEN come whine to us chicks about your sore pigs, mister man.

Netkat said...

Amen sister!!