Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Batteries not included

This weekend we went out to check on the progress of our house and things are moving a long quite nicely. They have started framing the second floor and we can now see the height of the house. It looks like our bedroom windows will be looking out to trees. We won’t get the downtown view since ironically the foundation is not high enough to make the top floor rise above the tree tops. The whole building really is taking shape. Just check out the pictures to see what I mean!


Nice picture isn’t it? Well I wish I had some of them on Saturday. When I went to take some pics this weekend all I heard was an electrical sucking sound from the camera and a tiny voice that said “feed me”. The camera was out of juice… so no pictures this week.

To help drown our sorrows due to the technical snafu we decided to check out a “local” restaurant near Agave. About four miles or so from Agave was a place I have heard of but never ate at. It’s called East Side CafĂ© and it’s been an Austin establishment for years. The food is really good and we learned the origin of Chess Pie which is a southern tradition.

5 comments:

The Cal Gal said...

I dunno I think you actually might get a view. I can see your whole top floor from our master bedroom and it looks like you will be able to see some skyline? In the winter you should too...no leaves, ya know, on them trees...

As an aside, thanks ALOT for blocking our view of aforementioned trees with your HOUSE. :-) kidding.

We love Eastside Cafe.

NetNomad said...

Sorry about losing your view. Think of it this way: You are losing a view but gaining a sound baffle for the train. :)

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

so why weren't you kids at the Agave happy hour???

What's up wit dat?

Hey, what's your phone number?
I need to add it to my Agave directory, plus there is something we wanna throw by ya.

oh! You have cinder block! They are bustin ass on your casa!!!

NetNomad said...

I can say that making happy hour will be very tough for us. 5:30pm is just too early for us due to work. We would get there after everyone left. :( After we move it will be a different story. :)

Our Contact info is in the Yahoo Group database. We are five from the top. I’m not going to post it here due to privacy concerns.

We got blocks! Woot! Time to get more pics (with batteries) and post!

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

hmmm, there must be a yahoo group database I'm not aware of...I dont see any phone numbers...

email me at alanaandalex@live.com
with yo digits