Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Color Crisis

Okay since David has done many of these postings and was most anxious to get the new colors on the blog, I have a few words to say.

A) I spent a month trying to decide on colors and came up with every combination. I lost sleep over it. I drove people crazy. I hated the colors in the first house picture on our blog. It was like mint chocolate chip ice cream. I am so glad that the decision has finally been made and David could relate the colors to food or drinks. If you are thinking about house colors, be careful though. They look really different in sunlight. As for the Whoville house, I do not think the colors were bad, it was a bit bright but that is the new "thing". I know that Alana and Alex's house is being repainted and they probably agonized over colors as well. You just never know until it is done!! To future Agave owners, have them write in your contract they will repaint for a nominal fee :). We are just so lucky at Agave that we can be so colorful!

B) We met our first potential neighbors while they were out walking their adorable dog and more adorable baby on Sunday. It was nice to talk to someone who already lives there and were some of the first people to build a house out there. My main question is always that darn train that will be behind our house. They assured me it was infrequent and not that loud but I still could lose sleep over this one. The funny thing is they said that in their prior neighborhood people paid a premium price even right next to railroad tracks. Thank you - I feel a bit better now. It just you see with a treatment plant, prison, railroad tracks, power lines/towers, and a 100 year flood plain I get a little worried. Then I look at the architecturally interesting homes, the cool people, the GREEN mindset of the community and I think, hey forget all that other stuff!

No comments: