Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tin Roof Rusted

We recently found out that the Architect did not like the metal on our home design and requested we allow a change to stucco for a cleaner look. All future versions of our house will be stucco so we decided to go with stucco as well. Personally every time I saw the metal I kept thinking of the line from the B52’s Love Shack: “Tin Roof Rusted”. It did not bother me one way or another but my wife is somewhat unsure about losing the metal and she likes the B-52 song.

The bonus about going with the stucco is that we get a “get out of color jail free” card, which means we can add a different color to the house where the metal used to be or change colors all together. We are not really sure what to do just yet and we are meeting with Julie again in a few weeks. Now being of the Y-chromosome set I see things in EGA (16 colors) and my wife sees in XGA (16 million colors) so choosing colors is interesting. For example I see white but my main squeeze tells me it’s: bone, eggshell, ivory, off or snow white. With my trusty book of secrets I can decode the colors and their names while not creating a style faux pas.

At Agave the color names are even more interesting. I have no idea where they come up with these names but I think it has something to do with the paint company liquoring up Rainbow Bright so she can spew out these hues in some kind of Technicolor yawn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

when you take your color samples outside, make sure you look at them vertically since that is how the color will be applied. the sunlight reflects differently on vertical surfaces than on horizontal ones. we taped the samples to the wall and took a few steps back. we also checked the color at different times of the day. hopefully, you will be happy with your choice!

can't wait to see it with stucco, and seems like a great idea.
~margaret

NetNomad said...

That's a great idea! I did not think about the angles having different colors. We took our previous colors outside a looked at it in different lighting conditions to see if we liked them. We did not so we changed them. We still may change them again when we meet with Julie next week.

-David