Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Foundation FEAR!!


So I drove by the house today not expecting anything and low and behold I saw something going on! It looks like they are preparing for the foundation. The shocking thing was how tall the foundation may be. I was lucky to run into the builder, he was right there. He said our foundation at the back could be 10-12 feet tall.

It looks like they did not expect the foundation to have to be that high due to the slope of the lot. They want to make it not quite so high by possibly putting in a retaining wall on the side of the house. I was not too thrilled by that idea. Also he builder said our house was one of the more difficult to build because of the angle of the walls? I am glad I got to speak with him but the foundation does worry me a bit.... See, David gets to post the fun stuff and I get to post the worrying stuff!

      2 comments:

      sybil said...

      my house is on a slope, too, but instead of a slab for the whole thing, they have the back part on steel posts, making an open covered patio area below the living room. it's a nice bonus space.
      you might join the agave yahoo forum if you haven't already.
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Agave_Neighbors/
      sybil
      5338 sendero

      Unknown said...

      i've got the 5332 agatha and our lot was dug out to accommodate the house, but my new neighbor's foundation is a monster! looks like they are opting to building large foundations vs. many retaining walls.
      btw, the builder tells everyone that their "house is the hardest to build". . . take it with a grain of salt.

      fear not, you can always do creative landscaping to disguise the concrete in the back and a larger foundation does offer many benefits! good news...you're house won't flood. ;)