Translate

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Enter our Estate

Retaining wall is in and a few other touches. Here as usual are a few more pictures, like there are not enough pictures of this house.

Hm, I wonder whose address that is. I am not sure I like our lights, they are not as cool as the neighbors because the light vendor has been changed. Thus we suffer from the lack of "light" coolness our neighbors have. I will not even show the lights in the bathroom, Nelson is getting a nastygram from me!

Here is the deck being built in the back, a person can stand under that, even though it does not look like it. This could be a rainwater collection area... ha. Maybe we can create a playroom for the cats under that, not sure.

Cool picture of the colors of the house, I just like this view.

Wallah!!! Stairs leading down to the yard in the front. This I must say was interesting, like please enter our estate. It will be interesting to see the landscaping.

5 comments:

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

Alex is jealous of your yard entry stairs.

I looked out the workout room window just this morning to say "hey! big deck!" Naturally, Alex misunderstood and wondered what the heck was going on out the window.

Alex, I'm not kidding, had a dream last night that they installed your large windows. We don't have any idea what this means, what Freud would say about this, or about how she misunderstands everyday sentences like "big deck".

She asked me this morning if she dreamed about your windows or we saw them.

God love her.

sybil said...

LOVE your entry yard and steps! our yard slopes down to the house, and we plan to terrace it or something at some point. had thought about doing something similar to yours to make a more useable terrace area instead of just a little hill. seeing yours is inspiring!

check out lightology for lights. http://www.lightology.com/ they are in chicago, i've been there many times, they have great lights.

the "new" ones they are using in agave now are definitely not so good -- also add to nighttime light pollution since they aren't down lights. i bet you could find the old agave ones online, they aren't that expensive to replace. maybe nelson can give you the brand, etc. for them.

Netkat said...

Yep that is a big deck, LOL. I think windows do not get in until 10/3, I am so tired of that windows-less plywood look on the house, it has lost its charm after all this time. We DREAM of windows too :) 10/15 is the date now for close, I bet 10/30.

I also want to thank Sybil, that light place you pointed us to is AWESOME, we fell in love with it. As far as replacing the outside lights yes I agree. I wish they would have thought of the light pollution and we will ask Nelson about the old ones. We dont want to pollute the neighborhood with bad lighting!

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

what are yall doing Friday? Let me know if you wanna hang out a few doors down from your house. Celebrate early.

ps a mom and her young daughters keep perusing your homestead. I think she has her eyes on your place and hopes you move elsewhere. Unless she's a family member. I paint each Sunday in the art room and see em drive up, get outta the car, look in the door...look around, run back to the car.

Unless Deborah has changed her look dramatically and adopted kids, that is.

They seem to love the place.
Dont sell.

NetNomad said...

I'll email ya about Friday.

I have noticed those peeps as well. We have no clue who they are unless they are stalking us.