Translate

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Coolest Neighborhood in the USA

Apparently the wacky neighbors are at it again. They got the ‘hood on local TV with a special guest star (Choo choo!) and great political commentary.

Here is the Article:

"AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) -- An East Austin neighborhood is the grand prize winner in a Dreyer's Ice Cream contest to choose the "Coolest neighborhood in America."

An essay from a neighborhood resident did the trick.

Saturday night, the Nine Sixty Nine neighborhood will receive an ice cream party for all 1000 residents. The neighborhood consists of several different sections, each with different and diverse homes and populations."

Click here for the video.

3 comments:

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

all I am gonna say is this: I didn't work my ass off to fit into size 6 jeans to turn on the tv and see me looking...well, let's put it this way: there is a reason this video isn't posted on my blog and it BEST be true that tv puts 10 lbs on everyone.

NetNomad said...

Heh… Years ago the local news was filming a story at my office. I got caught on film and they zoomed in on my hand. It looked like a bloated bear claw. The camera really does morph perspectives.

Netkat said...

In real life you look like size 6. I cant imagine what my size 8 would have looked like on that video..size 24!! I have to say though it was funny that whole republican thing. I finally got to hear the train.. that scared me too. (kidding)