Translate

Monday, April 7, 2008

Pipe Dream

Well things seem to be craaaawwwling along in the home building front. First the builder says, “we have new cabinets, no more IKEA” because they charge a lot to install and take a long time. Then they say “we have new windows, no more aluminum”. Still I ask, what about the foundation? What about that cliff in front of our house? Will we be parachuting into the home?

This is what I find so funny this type of thing. Anyway we said yes to the new cabinets and crossed our fingers that we made the right choice. We said no to the vinyl windows. I just can’t imagine them in my mind, I like the windows I see in the neighborhood, even though the builder says they can leak.

As for the dive off point into our lot, the builder says he does not know what will be done about that so yet again I worry just bring a parachute!

We have new pictures but they are not much of a change.

David took a picture of me in front of the “Whoville house” (Sorry Alana and Alex). I was wearing the same colors and squinting in the sun so he thought we should capture that for posterity since Alana says the house colors will change. Their house looks so great though. The other house by us I like to refer to as the “White House” because of the off white main color and blue trim. So many of these homes are so fun to walk through (I did not call and tell Agave I was walking through them and I did not ask the neighbors so I hope you don’t mind).

So to close by September it would mean the framing would need to be complete by the end of March since they say it will be 6 months from the time the framing is finished. They are behind….maybe it is just a pipe dream...

Lots of dirt and round pipes.


Evidence of cliff to parachute from at left.


More pipes and cliffs, please realize this is the front yard.

Whoville house coincidence of color...


1 comment:

a.times.4 (Alana and Alex on Agatha in Agave) said...

dang that's a pretty green on your sweater!!

And, that color did not change! Ha ha! Oddly, it is fading into even more yellow green with the sun though.

We have no earthly idea what our house color is.

yellow?
green?

I dunno!!